During the coming year, the Scholarship Foundation Program plans to:
- Continue to develop, maintain, and evaluate the Scholarship Foundation Program.
- Identify potential sources of funding by researching public and private foundations, agencies, and grant opportunities.
- Organize and conduct a strategic planning session.
- Sustain a database of restricted and non-restricted donors.
- Ensure donors receive tax-exempt receipts.
- Update and maintain the Scholarship Foundation Program website.
- Update program brochure and marketing material to enhance the Scholarship Foundation Program’s personality and fundraising activities.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising activities.
- Provide program information and special needs of the Scholarship Foundation Program to prospective donors to encourage individuals, corporations, and foundations to establish trusts, contribute to the endowment, and provide donations of gifts.
- Sponsor and coordinate meeting with the Scholarship Foundation Program’s committees and volunteers, as well as the annual celebration & recognition of donors.
- Refine the process for scholarship requests and awarding of scholarships.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Scholarship Foundation Program.
- Submit administrative reports in a timely manner to the Executive Committee and Members of the Scholarship Foundation Program.
The Scholarship Foundation Program’s activities are supported by tax deductible gifts from the Muscogee (Creek) Nation employees through the Workplace Giving Program, Muscogee citizens, Contracting and Employment certified businesses, and the general public. These gifts help to support academic scholarships, community initiatives, and research that benefits the growth and prosperity of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation communities. If you, a family member, or a friend has been helped by the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, please consider giving back to the Muscogee (Creek) Nation in a special way that allows the Scholarship Foundation Program to support Muscogee students.